In this election year, the art of talking politics, policies, plans, and ideologies seems to be on life support. Name-calling and mudslinging are the opening volleys to “discussions” that are frequently ended with broad brushstrokes like “All Republicans/Democrats are insert-your-go-to-insult-here.”
Why are opposing opinions met with such venom? Take a moment to think about it. We mean really think about the end game. Do we want everyone to agree with us? There can’t be checks and balances if everyone is kumbaya-ing, and that can lead to some scary ideas breeding and gaining momentum.
Would it surprise you that we align along different party lines? That we have discussions and disagreements, yet we still run a business together and maintain a friendship? We’re going to guess, or at least hope, you’re not that surprised at all. We know sensible discussions have to be taking place around the kitchen tables and fire pits of America far away from the click bait media headlines and sensational commercials.
So which parties are printed on Erin and Ellen’s voter registration cards? You’ll have to click over to the podcast because we gathered around the microphone to have our own conversation.
What else do we discuss?
- How headlines that make awful inferences are still awful even if you don’t like the candidate.
- How party affiliations should not be used as insults.
- Voting across party lines.
- When members of your family affiliate with a different party than you.
- We go through discussing the candidates.
- While discussing Trump we talk about ideas offered here: The Four Principles of Trumpaganda, I Just Binge-Read Eight Book by Donald Trump: Here’s What I Learned, and Bullying Experts: Trump is an Eighth-Grade Girl.
- We talk about campaign promises.
Happy listening! But beyond listening, we welcome your opinions. We have started a Facebook Group so that you can not only hear our conversations, but be a part of them. Click here to join.
-Ellen and Erin
Find us on iTunes! Listen to us on Android! We like the Podcast Addict App. Or click here to see a catalog of all of our episodes! Follow our podcast board on Pinterest where we pin our episodes!